5 February 2010

Departure Eve


“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
The developments that have occurred since last entry less than 48hours ago can only be summarised by the above quote from the Alchemist. As if by some inner force, all the pieces of the puzzle have started coming together of their own.
The collection box I set up in two theatres and plaster room at work, have each yielded a stash of extremely useful surgical material already- including sutures and dressings. As I’m told there’s another one already on its way. The Braun representative (Jennifer Tanner, whom I owe a great thank you to here) has got the wheels in motion to obtain me a nerve stimulator, complete with dedicated needles, on time for the big departure date. On top of all this, my spare specs have arrived, my home utilities have all been transferred, my broadband has finally been set up so Janet doesn’t end connectionless once I leave, and my video blog has been launched... It just feels surreal!
I’m about 25 hours away from take off now and this is the last entry that I shall be inputting from the UK. I would really like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s helped and supported me so much in this mission of mine. This support, I can assure you, has not just sprung up in the build up to tomorrow. I have felt it constantly as a real boosting force ever since I made my decision. It certainly culminated at the wedding and the leaving party and I am ever so grateful to all of you for the words and gestures of support you’ve extended to me. I look forward to my last get together in London tomorrow. To those whom I won’t see, I say ‘A Bientot’ ‘Ciao’ ‘Laters’ ‘Pitani Buino’.
This is the link to my first video blog:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj5YjjM0fC4

2 comments:

sajir said...

Bro, your confident smile as I left you at T5 yesterday spoke of a man who knew his mission. Hope the plunge into Africa is going smoothly with not too many splashes, scratches or unpredictable hitches...I have no doubt that these will make up a large quantity of entertaining stories in the blogs to come. Btw, did the dainty-looking bag and the dodgy wheel survive the journey?! S

hasch_007 said...

Yo bro..thanks for the upbeat words. Really boosts for my motivation level.
To get to the point, yes the bags survived and the wheeling's is working a treat now!! But as you probably know by now, the luggage was delayed. Settling in nicely at moment. Thanks so much for such a brilliant departure treat. Memories to be cherished dearly for the duration of my stay here. I'm eagerly awaiting our mist covered mountains now....
A